Monthly Archives: September 2013
Tagged communication, Startups, team
Good evening, dear readers.
One more “public day” went I am sitting in front of two blue screens. In one I can see my reflection, another shows basketball (I am fan of football, but this madness have sucked me in). Because I`ve heard some complaints that it is more interesting to read my minds then my daily performance I`m changing the “template” of my posts.
The topic I wanted to touch is the team formation and how it might look. At the early stage you have no other resources then your and your colleagues time. How ever selecting right cofounders is a huge challenge. I`ll start with different kinds of team start and will elaborate more tomorrow on this topic.
Hope all is going good with yours. For me the eyes are clapping, I am feeling sleepy, got out of the bed at 7:45 instead of 7;/. Note for myself: need to keep the sleeping schedule or my rest woun`t be as quality as needed. Or will feel each morning as I had a hangover before.
- Prepare budget for G, start preparing the contract,
- Make angry calls to some lazy people who own me money for works
- Meet Lukas and start his transition
- To follow up our sales to Russia
- Finish the companies part
- Review the testing comments and fix small issues
- Prepare for the evening skype call
- Find out more about I**** with a person (Kr…) who was in contact with them before
- Try to fix a bike tire (not sure if it will work, but want to get back my own transportation)
- Move DNS hosting from IV to Hostex (still cname records are not changed. A shame for IV), add posting tags for previous posts and do some minor google seo. Make a public list in this blog regarding the promised future blogposts.
As you see, more dedication to JobRely to compensate yesterdays time looses.
What I want to share this morning from Startups life is the need of support from the people who surround you. It is an old as a world telling that you need to have somebody close to you. When you are giving almost everything you can for some project/product even you are not sure if it will workout, people around you sometimes are the only reason why you don`t quit. Because nobody else cares till you make it. And usually you always plan to do everything faster then in reality it goes.
Tagged evening, Startups
Wow. Once again I am happy about the social media and contacts (friends, colleagues, random people, Emperor of the universe, others..) who are sharing my blog. Even during my lunch time while I wasted 10 minutes on FaceBook I noticed that the blog without the content (sadly it looks like that) can get a lot visitors. And had to catch myself, lift up and throw into the window…s notepad++. So returned to work. And now I have finished a long post on how do I see the current startups nature.
As I have promised just a day ago, I become open and start sharing my daily planning (which was done only on a paper before). How ever I am returning into the same issues most of bloggers do have – how open to be. As we are working on a project which should change the way recruitment currently works we are feeling quite messed up:
- If we share what we are doing before launch – current competitors can easily change the way they are working and kick as out of market before we even start
- If we do not share – we might create a product that is not used
- If our focus group (potential users we trust) is badly targeted – we will create a product which will be not used as widely as we would wish. Continue reading
Tagged Time management
Hello dear readers,
In this post I would like to share the reasons why I am coming back to the same old idea of bloging. Also to let you know what you can expect during the upcoming month. Or more.
After reading the blog post by Rokiškis Rabinovičius I have caught myself thinking: why irrationality stops the growth of JobRely. Afterwards I have started an intensive self analysis and understood, that:
- If something is not changed by me I will loose control of my current life (scary, huh?)
- Finances will become a big issue for me soon if I continue working on JobRely.
- Personal life will become fucked up and afterwards it will start rolling down the hill.
- Distraction comes too often to my daily work.
- Quite often I do work (tasks) about which I am not happy.
So what can I do? First I must agree that to solve problems I need to make unpleasant actions. And afterwards accept the outcome. While thinking what motivates me, empowers to collect all the strengths, accumulate and use the power inside towards the goal I understood the same old thing I had understood from time to time before: